    harddisks run to hot in the 712 case?

    Greetings,

    Eugen

    Eugen Mezei, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Eugen Mezei

    John Burns Guest

    Anyone managed to put 2 harddiskdrives in a 712? (60, 80 or 100 MHz.)
    I think you'd be OK. A SCSI cable from a 715 would be perfect, I've got
    a few spare if needed.

    John Burns, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Should be easy to fit them phisically. Might need to remove the
    insulation stuff...
    Disks with the same age of the 712 are typically hot. Newer disks most
    likely are less hot.

    If you remove the insulation and use newer (less hot, less power
    consuming) disks then there is no problem using this newer disks.

    btw: the powersupply of the 712 is fairly limited...

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Corn=E9?= Beerse, Jul 29, 2003