2 x eVGA 7800 GT, DFI Lanparty UT nF4 :: Need better cooling

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by beparker, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. beparker

    beparker Guest

    I'm running a pair of eVGA 7800 GTs in my DFI Lanparty UT nF4 and I
    need better cooling on them. Running the cards cooler is more
    important to me than noise reduction.

    What do you guys suggest for aftermarket cooling that will fit these
    cards on this motherboard? From center-to-center of each card id
    about 4.2cm.

    Water-cooling is too extreme for what I need. I just need something
    better than these stock fans but don't want any guesswork if you guys
    know a good solution.

    So far I've looked at these:
    Arctic Cooling Accelero X1
    Zalman VF900-Cu

    Is anyone running these on this particular motherboard and can comment
    on any possible space issues? Do you have any others you would
    recommend for my cards on this Lanparty?

    Thanks,
    -BEP

    beparker, Feb 13, 2007

  2. I just received my order for two Thermalright HR-03 VGA air coolers for my
    two BFG 7800 GT OC's in SLI on an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard. Each
    package comes with VGA RAM sinks and a syringe of thermal compound. They
    don't include a fan so I also ordered twoSilenx Ixtrema Pro Series 92mm
    14dba 38cfm fans. I haven't installed it yet so I can't provide any thermal
    data yet.

    Here's a link to a review of this cooler:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/11/14/thermalrights_the_hr-03_is_a_vga_cooler_gorilla/index.html

    Homer J. Simpson, Feb 13, 2007