    Grateful for advice
    thanks
    Bob

    Bob Eason, Jun 12, 2006

  2. Bob Eason

    Jay B Guest

    i have them both and sell them both.
    they are both excellent.
    not much difference between 1907fp and 2007fp
    pictures are not stretched on the 2007, the extra inch of width doesnt
    really add much. its not worth the extra bucks.

    Jay B, Jun 12, 2006

  3. Bob Eason

    journey Guest

    I don't know how well the 20" widescreen is for games. I do know that
    (for me) I love the wide screens in portrait mode because I can see
    more of a web page, e-mail, or document.

    I am spoiled though -- I have a 24" 1900 x 1200 widescreen flat panel,
    20" 1600 x 1200 flat panel, a 19" CRT, and a 17" flatscreen on my
    desktop computer using two video cards.

    I had two monitors and then realized that for about $80 for a 2nd
    video card I could use two other unused monitors.

    journey, Jun 12, 2006
  4. There really isn't much of an actual advantage going wide screen; it's
    more about personal preference. Although in the case of the monitors
    you're comparing, the wide screen does have a higher resolution
    (technially it's WSXGA+, not WSXGA). Personally I prefer the wide
    screen aspect ratio; it's great for multitasking, web browsing, etc.
    I'm not a big gamer, but I do know most of the major franchises (eg.
    World of Warcraft) offer wide screen resolutions. In the cases where
    games lack a wide screen resolution, you do lose some potential screen
    space. I find wide screen great for coding, but one of my fellow
    developers at work hates wide screen for it, so like I said it's largely
    personal preference.

    Nicholas Andrade, Jun 12, 2006