    stock quotes on one side and graphs on the other.

    tia,
    Chris

    Chris, Dec 18, 2007

  2. Chris

    Jay B Guest

    i cannot recommend that size at that resolution.
    everyone i know that has one hates it, esp if they came from a regular
    aspect. dot pitch is .26
    i only like the 20 in non-wide aspect.

    then i would go to the 22 wide (model 2208), or 24 wide.
    the 22 wide is about as tall as the 19 regular, and almost 4 inches
    wider, but the resolution is 1680x1050 and its on sale now for about
    $300. dot pitch is just a tad smaller than the 19inch you are used to
    at .28

    i just picked up 4 of them, people like them.
    they even have a special edition 22inch in silver, with a built in
    webcam and microphones for $320, model sp2208
    i ordered one of those also, coming tomorrow.

    Jay B, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Chris

    JDa™© Guest

    Chris, did transcribed the following::
    I have the Dell 2007WSFP using a a 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.
    I have really enjoyed this monitor. I bought this to replace a
    6 year old 17" standard LCD screen that was slowly giving up the
    ghost.... I run it at the max setting of 1680x1050 32bit color.
    And have it connected to the DVI input ports of the X1300.
    That said, I looked at the larger 22 and 24" models, and cost won
    out in the end. Plus after checking out the physical dimensions
    I found that the screen height was close to the height of my 17"
    standard LCD. I think you will find that the physical height of
    the the 19" that you are replacing will be closer to that of the
    22" WS.

    Just something to think about.
    JDa

    JDa™©, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Chris

    Journey Guest

    I also would recommend the 22" wide or the 24 wide. The 24 wide would
    be a big step up in "computing experience", at least it has been for
    me.

    I had a 22" wide for a while and liked it. I ended up selling it with
    a system I was selling to get a higher price when I downsized from 4
    monitors on my desktop PC to 2.

    I have the 20" non-wide (1600 x 1200) and the 24" wide (I forgot the
    dimensions 19xx x 1200). My recommendation would be, in order, 1) the
    24" wide, 2) the 22" wide, and 3) the 20" non-wide.

    You probably will go with the 22" wide -- it's the best bang for the
    $$$.

    Journey, Dec 19, 2007
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Whats the difference between the E228WFP and 2208WFP besides price?

    Chris

    Chris, Dec 19, 2007
  6. Chris

    History Fan Guest

    For basic web browsing, I think the widescreen format is wasted. The
    standard, square-size display looks better for that. I have a 22" inch
    widescreen monitor, and have to resize the Firefox browser window because
    too much space is wasted when it is full screen, or the content is
    off-center.

    History Fan, Dec 19, 2007
  7. Chris

    Jay B Guest

    the first (E228) is non-ultra wide, and the second (2208) is ultra wide.

    the screen itself and resolution and size is the same. ultra is suppose
    to be better, but i dont see any difference.

    the ultra has usb ports and will tilt, swivel and raise up and down.

    the ultra is on sale now, same or cheaper than non-ultra. so its a no
    brainer.

    Jay B, Dec 19, 2007
  8. Chris

    Jay B Guest

    i tend to agree about the wide screens. i dont really like them either
    for the same reason.
    that's why you notice it more in the 19 and 20 inch models.
    i will never use them or recommend.
    when it gets to 22inch, the height and resolution is really the same as
    a 19inch,
    so you may not notice the difference.

    my preferences are the same as journey's: 24, 22, then 20 non-wide,
    then 19 non-wide

    Jay B, Dec 19, 2007
  9. Chris

    columbotrek Guest

    I have the Dell 20" wide screen at home and at work I have a pair of
    19s. The 20" is noticeably better than the 19s as far as image clarity
    goes. Even with its finer pitch its more readable. Although it may be
    that at work the video card is Dells ATI X300. But at home I sprang for
    an nVidia 7900GTX. Also for that X300 to drive two monitors they have
    to be in analog mode. I don't know what would happen if I were to plug
    in a pair of 19" into the nVidia system which would allow the two to use
    their digital mode. But my hope is that I would be impressed.

    columbotrek, Dec 30, 2007