    less important than that current it can supply on the various lines.
    Especially +3.3 and +5 as these supply the devices on the motherboard,
    notably power hungry AGP bus devices and CPUs :¬)

    Gaidheal, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Gaidheal

    Jason Guest

    Please reply to group, not new post. were losing organization in the
    group.lol

    Jason, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Gaidheal

    Soupladel Guest

    I have the XP 2400+ running fine at 2GHz (100x20) although when i put the
    FSB up by 10MHz it came through post fine at 2.2GHz but wouldn't load
    windows!

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Gaidheal

    Gaidheal Guest

    Yeah, pretty much the same story here.. I think we both hit the same problem
    at the same speed on our processors: limit of the core. But... if someone
    knows better, I'd LOVE to hear about it :¬)

    I also tried it at 2.2 or close to by various combinations and even lower
    than that but higher than 2.0 with the same result as you.. when I tried
    even 1Mhz higher than an FSB of 200Mhz, regardless of multiplier though, it
    failed to POST at all. I gather I can probably go higher on the Vcore than
    I did, if I like.. but I was not willing to risk it unless there was
    evidence to suggest that the 2400 is likely to go any faster.

    Gaidheal, Jul 12, 2003
  5. Gaidheal

    Soupladel Guest

    I have to say that putting up the vcore would probably work on mine i just
    haven't tried it, it is currently runnig with a very low 1.5 and no
    stability problems!

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Gaidheal

    Soupladel Guest

    I have tried various other voltages just now and the first that would allow
    windows to boot was 1.6, it is still running at 57c with no load though!

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jul 12, 2003
  7. Gaidheal

    Midnight Guest

    Why are you guys running a 2400+ at 100 FSB speed (100X20)? It defaults at
    133 (133X15). I have mine running at 150 (150X15 = 2250).

    Daniel

    Midnight, Jul 12, 2003
  8. Gaidheal

    Midnight Guest

    You are right, It didn't even click when I saw that.. sorry.

    Daniel

    Midnight, Jul 13, 2003
  9. Gaidheal

    Gaidheal Guest

    No worries, Midnight :¬) Easy enough mistake. And I am pretty pleased with
    the performance and stability so sometime after the weekend (I work
    weekends) I might mess about some more.

    Gaidheal, Jul 19, 2003