2500+ & abit NF7-S & mushkin PC433 & 9800SE All-In-Wonder

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Jo Schwarz, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. Jo Schwarz

    Jo Schwarz Guest

    Hi,

    i want to buy the following system:

    CPU AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Boxed
    MB ATX SA Abit NF7-S V2.0 nForce2
    DDR PC433 1GB Mushkin Dual-Kit Level 1
    128MB Hercules 9800SE All-In-Wonder RTL
    2x HDD SATA 80GB Samsung SP0812C 8MB
    GEH Midi Chieftec DX-01 SL-D-U Silver
    PSU Tagan TG380-U01 380W
    DVD IDE Lite-On 16/48
    DVDR IDE NEC ND-2500A +-R/RW
    5x YS-Tech Silent FD1281253B-2A

    I choosed 2500+ boxed, because in my shop weren't any tray's left and
    i read that Boxed isn't as bad. For the Abit, i think, it's the best
    board at the moment for the xp.

    I wanted to take corsair's, but there were only mushkin and the 433 is
    just 10$ more than the 400.

    I read that the 9800SE All-in-Wonder is easy to trick with another
    driver and will work as 9800 Pro with the extra pipes.

    The Samsung's should work as Fast Raid, perhaps i take 160er.

    The chieftec looks good and has good design for cooling and the tagan
    gives enough power.

    I'm very sure that i get a locked Barton, so i just want to push FSB
    to a stable level. Do i make some basic error ? Do you have experience
    with this combo(s) and can give me your best settings and benchmark
    values ?

    Thx for reply.
    -
    Jo

    Jo Schwarz, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Jo Schwarz

    Jo Schwarz Guest

    I now read that it is better to be in sync with Ram and Mobo. So for
    the Abit PC2700 will be best, because Multiplier for the Barton is
    fixed. But I probably want to upgrade to Athlon 64 Proc and Mobo in
    one year, so PC3200 will be better.

    But then, what are PC3500s good for ?

    Jo

    Jo Schwarz, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Jo Schwarz

    OZoNE Guest

    With the locked cpu set FSB at 200 for ram/cpu and youll have a XP3200+
    2.2ghz speed.
    set it to 205/210 fsb and cpu speed will also increase ...may need a little
    more vcore for stability but damn good cpu...most report 2.2Ghz at stock
    voltages.
    OZoNE

    OZoNE, Jan 20, 2004