    I ran Prime95's torture test (-D and unreal tour. 2003's botmatch-all.bat
    around 32 hours,.. at the same time :) Anyway, A little more respect for
    this 2600 king would be appropriate!!

    Moods, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Moods

    Hippy Paul Guest

    Is this the new Barton 2600+ with 512kb L2 cache?

    If so, I am not sure it is the same generation - which was 2500+; 2800+,
    3000+ and 3200+ - of which the 2500+ was certainly king.

    Still an impressive overclock - 2640 mhz on air, be interesting to see how
    these new Bartons behave as a group or whether yours is an exception - what
    is your vcore and temps just out of curiosity - and also what is the
    stepping of the cpu?

    So maybe the king is dead - if so, long live the king

    - technology moves on so fast - no sooner than you get your brand new kit
    out of its box - it seems there is always something better just released.

    Hippy Paul, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Moods

    LeeB18509 Guest

    Screenshots?

    LeeB18509, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Moods

    Moods Guest

    Without any display of physical prowess and in a calm and determined manner
    LeeB18509 spoke:
    Sorry have to reboot ;-)

    Moods, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Moods

    rms Guest

    I have it rocksolid stable at 264 FSB * 10 :-/
    Memory timings: Is this 2.5 or 2.0 CAS memory? Also, the '3', there
    are recent forum posts that argue a high value like 8-12 is faster. Run
    memtest3 for several settings and look at your MB/S rating. I noticed a
    1699->1766 jump in going from 8 to 12, using 230fsb and 2.0 ram.

    rms

    rms, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Moods

    Hippy Paul Guest

    ah - you were fibbing

    - got me with the old double bluff - thought no one would make up such an
    incredible fsb - and maybe that it was typing errors or some brand new kit.

    - I really should get a life too

    Hippy Paul, Nov 14, 2003
  7. Moods

    LeeB18509 Guest

    None of that matters when someone is full of crap....

    LeeB18509, Nov 14, 2003
  8. Moods

    nobody Guest

    here's my personal best with a 2500 on air. new board i've been
    tinkering with.
    http://home.midmaine.com/~rachelm/s_pi.jpg

    stable at that speed but a little warm for my liking. run 24/7 at
    217x11

    albatron kx18d pro II
    2500 barton 1.9v
    thermalright slk900a vantec 92mm tornado
    geil golden dragon pc3500 cas2 3-3-6 3v
    antec soho 1040 400w smart power
    120mm front intake 2x80mm exhaust

    nobody, Nov 14, 2003
  9. Moods

    Moods Guest

    Without any display of physical prowess and in a calm and determined manner
    Hippy Paul spoke:
    LOL!

    Moods, Nov 14, 2003