    or keep it in my pocket for a better later.
    Thanks
    Erik

    asylum, Aug 6, 2004

  2. asylum

    Augustus Guest

    The FX5500 and the standard 128bit FX5200 are clocked identically.....and
    they're both slugs. Thing GeForce2 GTS level of performance with AGP8X and
    DX9 support. 250Mhz core and 200Mhz DDR on both cards. They have identical
    bandwidth.
    http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm
    The FX5200 that's $60 less is likely a 64bit version, which has half the
    bandwidth of the 128bit 5200 and 5500. A 9800 Pro is the same level as a
    5900 Ultra. You get what you pay for. Both of these have 400% more bandwidth
    than the cards you're looking at. If all you're doing is productivity or web
    browsing, go with the cheap, slow and nasty. Any newer 3D gaming at all,
    minimum you should be looking at is a 5700 Ultra or 9600XT.

    Augustus, Aug 6, 2004

  3. asylum

    Ozman Guest

    I agree nothing less than 5700...I have a 5600xt and it sucks. Buying a
    9800pro or 6800 Geforce

    Ozman, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Go to your local computer store and build your own pc

    WHS:COCA.COLA.KID, Aug 6, 2004
  5. asylum

    Cuzman Guest

    " The FX5200 that's $60 less is likely a 64bit version, which has half the
    bandwidth of the 128bit 5200 and 5500. A 9800 Pro is the same level as a
    5900 Ultra. "

    ....but I suspect the 9800 Pro is the 128bit version.

    Cuzman, Aug 6, 2004
  6. asylum

    Augustus Guest

    Probably not... 9800 Pros of late are all 256bit....it was only the very
    first released ones that Sapphire had that were in a 9800 Pro box with a
    128bit sticker on. None of the 128bit 9800's are labeled as Pro's now.
    They're just called 9800 Atlantis. He also says it costs $120 more than the
    256 MbFX5500 which go for $90 to $100....the 128bit 9800's don't go for
    $200-220, they're in the $165-170 range.

    Augustus, Aug 6, 2004
  7. asylum

    Darthy Guest

    Build your own... save money by getting the parts you need....

    Like a client who ordered a Celeon Dell - when he could have gotten an
    AMD setup for the same price with more memory.

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - Fahrenheit 9/11 - Unless you see it for yourself, don't call it "a bunch of lies"... that would be unAmerican.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist.
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

    Darthy, Aug 10, 2004