    these are only the socket temperatures, the diode temperatures are alot
    higher, at the moment the CPU temp is 36, and the diode 60...is this normal,
    or should I be doing something?

    Phil, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Phil

    Noomie Guest

    Did you connect the Volcano 9 fan to the power supply, leave the jumper, no
    speed controller and run it at full speed?
    Or did try with jumper off and speed control on?
    Or was it with the sensor connected ?

    Noomie, Mar 7, 2004

  3. Phil

    Phil Guest

    I tried it with everything but the sensor, full speed, and with the speed
    controller at all different speeds, no go with anything.
    I also only used it plugged in to the motherboard header, I assumed it
    wouldn't post with no CPU fan present?

    Phil, Mar 7, 2004
  4. Phil

    Noomie Guest

    with that fan you cannot connect it to the motherboard fan header as it
    draws too much current.
    It has to be connected to a normal four pin power connector by using the
    supplied 3 to 4 pin adapter and the single yellow wire connects to the
    motherboard fan header.
    Any fan that draws that current needs to connect to the 4 pin white
    connector(power).
    Did you not read where it says how to connect?
    Functions 1, 2, and 3 instructions do not tell you to connect the fan to the
    fan header.

    Noomie, Mar 7, 2004
  5. Phil

    Noomie Guest

    Never had a no post due to no fan connected to the fan header.
    Most of my cpu fans came with 3 to 4 pin connectors or had to connect to
    normal white 4 pin power connectors.
    If a fan draws too much current from the fan header then there can be
    problems as the fan header only supplies a set amount of current.

    Noomie, Mar 7, 2004
  6. Phil

    Phil Guest

    I suppose that should teach me to always RTFM.....

    Anyway, do the following temperatures make sense, the CPU Diode seems a
    little hot:

    CPU (Socket): 34
    CPU (Diode) : 58
    Case: 25

    With other systems I've seen the diode temperature seems to be closer to the
    socket temperature?

    Phil, Mar 7, 2004
  7. Phil

    Noomie Guest