    Are these temparatures acceptable or should i reel it in a little.

    Thanx
    Ben

    Ben Dellar, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Ben Dellar

    lost Guest

    Most would consider them excessive, but I'd tolerate them. It will be
    unacceptable in summertime when room temperatures climb though. Strapping a
    second CPU fan onto the back of the main fan should drop the temperature by
    about 5 to 8ÂșC. What you do is have the main fan attached to the brace with two
    screws instead of 4, and run two pieces of wire twine through the empty screw
    holes, and use that to tie the 2nd fan on securely. You don't want to mess it up
    though.

    Circulation in the case does alot to cool it down. Dust in the heatsink puts
    the temperature up somewhat. If your house isn't dusty, then removing one of the
    case plates that cover where a PCI card goes should help with cooling.

    lost, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Without knowing if those temps are from the on-chip diode or from a
    thermistor under the socket, it's impossible to say. If they are on-chip
    temps, they're fine.
    What are your case and room temps?
    What make/model motherboard is it? What HSF are you using?
    You need to provide more info to get good answers.
    FWIW, putting a second fan on your HSF is just as likely to raise
    temperatures as it is to lower them, depending on the relative fan speeds,
    etc.

    Peter van der Goes, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Ben Dellar

    Ben Dellar Guest

    Its the A7N8X-Dlx and they are the Asus Prope temps which means socket
    temps. Its the original HS+F. I dunno bout the case temps or room temp for
    that matter coz i aint got a good thermometer to measure them with.

    Ben Dellar, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Ben Dellar

    lost Guest

    FWIW, putting a second fan on your HSF is just as likely to raise
    Not with two identical fans

    lost, Oct 9, 2003
  6. Ben Dellar

    rstlne Guest

    2 fans stack'd on top of each other will not help much..
    They need to be side to side, or you would need something like a 60mm to
    2x60mm adapters where you can put the fans side by side

    rstlne, Oct 10, 2003
  7. Ben Dellar

    Wes Newell Guest

    It did in test run here. It increases the pressure forcing more air
    tthrough the HS, thus cooling better.
    Maybe, but I doubt it would make much difference since the target area is
    still the same size.

    Wes Newell, Oct 10, 2003