    266?). So do I need to buy a stick of 2700 (which is 333?)? Sorry if this
    is pretty basic stuff but while I know a little about computers I am
    definitely am still pretty much a newb about most of this stuff.

    harried and tired, Feb 21, 2004

  2. PC2100 == 2.1GB/sec == DDR*266*.

    DDR333 (PC-2700, 2.7GB/sec) is the minimum RAM speed for a Barton core to
    run at peak stock speeds. For most Athlon platforms, you lose speed if the
    CPU's FSB and RAM clocks aren't in synch.

    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

    Doug Whitesell \(Verizon\), Feb 23, 2004

  3. Thanks, that'll give me an excuse to buy a stick of 512 ram and free
    up another slot for down the road.

    harried and tired, Feb 23, 2004