    I read the Asus website FAQ and I tried to manually set it to 400MHz as
    Asus specified but I get errors from MemTest86+ v1.60.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Bob, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Bob

    Cuzman Guest

    Bob wrote:

    " Does anyone have any ideas? "

    You can't use all four slots @ DDR400 with double-sided DIMMs. Sell
    them all and buy a 2x 1GB kit.

    Cuzman, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Bob

    Paul Guest

    Have you tried 2T Command Rate setting ? It likely isn't listed
    in the manual, and requires a recent enough CPU revision, to get
    the ability to set 2T Command Rate. Because the BIOS feature is
    not documented, I don't know if you are offered Auto,1T,2T as
    options or not. 2T setting is the most relaxed.

    Also, a little more Vdimm might help. See if 2.7V helps, as 2.6V
    is the spec value for DDR400 memory chips.

    Here are several links, documenting the need for 2T Command
    Rate at DDR400 when using four DIMMs:

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-venice_3.html

    "Athlon 64 processors based on Venice can work with four
    single-side DDR400 SDRAM modules without any limitations, and
    if there are double-side DDR400 SDRAM DIMMs installed, they
    can work at 400MHz with 2T timing."

    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2128&p=5
    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2285&p=4

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Bob

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    You cannot populate all four slots and get 400MHz. You must leave at least
    one slot empty to get 400MHz. It's in the manual, and on the website.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 10, 2005
  5. I'm using 4 Corsair Value Select 512MB DIMMs in mine at 400 MHz (2T
    command rate), and Memtest seems fine. It probably depends on the type
    of modules you're using (and possibly the CPU as well).

    Robert Hancock, Aug 11, 2005