2nd hdd not recgnized in ultrabay caddy (T520)

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by randall shimizu, Sep 25, 2012.

  1. My T520 is not recognizing my 2nd HDD in the ultrabay.. The HDD is
    working since I tried using USB external enclousure and it works fine.

    randall shimizu, Sep 25, 2012

  2. You do have a SATA Ultrabay Slim adapter and not an IDE PATA?

    To trouble shoot this you can test the Ultrabay Slim drive adapter and drive
    combination with a cable that connect them to a USB port instead of using an
    Ultrabay slot. Here is an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330733784265

    Anthony R. Gold, Sep 25, 2012

  3. Yes because I usb 3.0 enclosure which I connected to the Thinkpad

    randall shimizu, Sep 27, 2012