3.10 drivers disable agp texture acc. & direct3d acc. for me!!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Rob, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    you can see my dxdiag at
    http://www.sitemouse.com/users/wolfatthroat/dxdiag121903.html

    As the subject line says, once I updated to the 3.10 official drivers, AGP
    acceleration and direct3d acceleration became disabled, with apparently no
    option to turn them back on (that I can find). I have since rolled back to
    the last safe drivers after unsuccessfully trying the 3.10 omega drivers
    with similar results (ones that allow me to play my games i.e. Americas
    Army) but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how/if
    you worked around it.

    Another thing, and I dont know if it's the drivers or what because I hadn't
    played for several months, but now for some reason when I try to play
    Stronghold:Crusader (it's the only game I have that runs from the cd-tray)
    the pc crashes and totally restarts (I believe the restart is a setting I
    picked somewhere, rather than just crashing and having to do it manually but
    it's been a while.)
    Any ideas?

    Rob, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Rob

    Brian Mills Guest

    I found with Cat 3.10 that using AGP 8x caused AGP texturing not to work,
    but it worked fine on AGP 4x ....

    Millsey

    Brian Mills, Jan 6, 2004