    green. The rest are red. Where can I find the codes. I am not seeing them
    on the MSI site. TIA

    neopolaris

    neopolaris, Jul 6, 2003

  2. neopolaris

    neopolaris Guest

    Getting 8 short beeps. Is this a dead CPU? I swapped video cards but
    problem remains.
    Thanks

    neopolaris

    neopolaris, Jul 6, 2003

  3. neopolaris

    Mike Levy Guest

    LED codes are in the manual. You can download the manual for the MB
    from the site if the owner can't supply it.

    Mike Levy, Jul 6, 2003
  4. neopolaris

    neopolaris Guest

    Thanks Mike. I was thumbing through my KT3 manual and got interrupted. You
    reminded me I actually hadn't searched the entire manual. Boom! it's there.
    She has a bad stick of memory. Thanks again Mike

    neopolaris

    neopolaris, Jul 6, 2003
  5. neopolaris

    neopolaris Guest

    Different memory doesn't work *sigh* Could the memory controller or slots
    gone bad? If I pull the mem I get the same LEDs but different beeps.
    Install any memory and it's 8 beeps and the same LED's indicating the Memory
    Detection Test. Bad board?? This would be the first. TIA

    neopolaris

    neopolaris, Jul 8, 2003
  6. It's typically a memory problem... As a matter of fact, I had the same issue
    two days ago with my K7N2G-ILSR, which apparently has problems communicating
    with my Samsung 512Mo PC3200 DDR400 stick or Ram... I replaced the stick,
    and it works just fine now.

    Mathias Rousseau / LaCie Canada, Jul 11, 2003
  7. neopolaris

    neopolaris Guest

    It's the board and not the memory. I wish it were just the memory.

    neopolaris, Jul 11, 2003