    owned/used this board in the past?

    thanks for reading (and for any comments)

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Wayne Youngman

    MS Guest

    hello,
    see http://www.msi.com.tw/program/search/ser/SerConProRes.php?keyword=6330

    choose the good,v3 or v3 limited edition n you will find the complete
    description + manual (pdf) +bios release+CPu support etc...
    MY question now :p : how flash the bios? is a jumper on th Motherboard
    or/and a specific line in the bios setup to "enabled/authorize" the
    flash?where is it...help!

    hope my info can help you & someone can help me...
    have a good day!
    matthieu S

    MS, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Wayne Youngman, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Wayne Youngman

    Halfgaar Guest

    I have The K7T-Turbo, I believe v3 but I'm not sure.

    Firsly: don't trust the manual, it lies. You can run much faster CPU's on
    it. I'm running a Palomino XP1600+ (at 1800+, 147FSBx10.5=1543MHz). Soon,
    I'll unlock my CPU and then I should be able to run 147x12.5=1837MHz with a
    bit of luck. If it's not gonna work, I would suspect my CPU of being the
    problem.

    Anything else you'd like to know? Just ask :)

    Halfgaar

    Halfgaar, Jul 26, 2003
  5. "Halfgaar" wrote
    Hi,

    thanks for help. There is one thing I am curious to know about this board,
    what happens to the *PCI* bus when you raise the FSB above 100MHz? Does
    this mobo have any 1/4 divider for PCI and 1/3 divider for AGP? (like the
    old iNTEL BX did?). I don't wanna risk messing my friends rig up by running
    the PCI bus out of spec. . .

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Jul 27, 2003
  6. Wayne Youngman

    Halfgaar Guest

    I've done a little research and testing on this myself. My FSB is normally
    133 MHz (set by a jumper on the board). On this setting, the PCI bus is
    1/4th and AGP 1/2nd, resulting in 33 MHz PCI and 66 MHz agp. Setting the
    FSB higher in BIOS does not change the dividers. And if you set the jumper
    on 100 MHz, and raise it to 133 in BIOS, you probably will have 1/3th PCI
    and 2/3rd AGP. A thunderbrid CPU is designed to run at 133, set this by
    using the jumper. You can increase the FSB in BIOS untill you notice
    instability, which can be caused by virtually all components connected to
    the PCI, AGP and FSB (so also the memory).

    Safer overclocking can be achieved by unlocking the CPU. For Thunderbird
    CPU's the penciltrick should work. Search on google for it. In short, you
    have to connect every L1 bridge with an pencil. After doing that, you can
    set the multiplier in BIOS.

    HTH

    Halfgaar

    Halfgaar, Jul 27, 2003