    mode/ Should I go to 400 would I notice a big speed increase ?

    Barton 2500 @2800

    thanks in advance

    lsigloch1, Feb 25, 2005

  2. "lsigloch1" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have NF7S version 2.0 and Im running 2 512 333 ddr ram in dual channel
    > mode/ Should I go to 400 would I notice a big speed increase ?
    >
    > Barton 2500 @2800
    >

    > thanks in advance

    No, you'd notice no speed increase at all.
    You would gain a little overclocking headroom, though.

    Colon Terminus, Feb 26, 2005

  3. lsigloch1

    SL Guest

    my motherboard is a 333 fsb board that supports 400 memory. I asked the
    same question you did. I was told more "no" than "yes". I did it anyways
    and the system runs much smoother. I guess some of the advice might of have
    been based on the financial part. I could "afford" to do it. To me it was
    worth it. But if your strapped for money, maybe not. Just a guess, but I
    feel like my system is running about 20% faster with the newer ram. The
    first sticks were generic, the newer ones are Crucial. That may also be a
    factor.

    SL

    SL, Feb 27, 2005