    other assorted 3D and graphics tools. Most of which are processor
    intensive.

    Is the choice obvious? Because if so, I am not seeing it.

    -Lost, Aug 30, 2007

  2. -Lost

    Bigguy Guest

    That's a 16.5% faster CPU... meaning approx an 8-10% faster laptop...
    so that 40min render takes 45min instead - hardly worth $350 by my
    reckoning... YMMV

    Guy

    Bigguy, Aug 30, 2007

  3. -Lost

    mike Guest

    You're not seeing it because you're not doing the math.
    If your purchase is emotional, go with your emotion.
    If the computer is gonna make you money, just calculate
    how much more money you make with the faster computer and compare
    that to the cost.
    If you really want to know...compare how much money the computer
    will make you over your CURRENT computer and compare that to the total cost.
    Most people who make this calculation decide that their purchase is
    indeed emotional and do it anyway.
    Only you can decide.
    But you asked my opinion...and that is...stick with what you've got.
    If your existing situation were intolerable, you wouldn't be agonizing
    over small percentage points. You'd have done it already.
    mike

    mike, Aug 30, 2007
  4. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    Thanks, Guy. Where did you get those numbers from, mainly the 8-10%
    faster laptop one?

    I ask because I got 14.2% faster, then again, I am not that great at
    math, so... *shrugs*

    Definitely sounds about right to me though... I doubt it is worth it
    overall.

    Thanks again.

    -Lost, Aug 30, 2007
  5. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    That's a 16.5% faster CPU... meaning approx an 8-10% faster laptop...
    My 14.2% was referring to the CPU, not the laptop. Sorry if I muddled
    that.

    -Lost, Aug 30, 2007