    Does anybody know why this old version, which is running at higher
    temperature, is selling substantially higher compared to the new venus
    core?

    martino, Jun 15, 2006

  2. martino

    Paul Guest

    It is because the company that is selling them, has already paid
    $180 for the processor, and is not going to give it to you for
    $100 :) They just want to get their money back.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 15, 2006

  3. martino

    Heinrich Guest

    Could as well be the result of a low market demand of that clawhammer and
    s754 commonly.
    And just what Paul said, the retail seller wont lose their spent money...

    Heinrich, Jun 15, 2006
  4. martino

    scrooge Guest

    If you browse through the CPU section at Newegg.com the prices are
    really weird. I've seen refurb stuff sitting at prices higher than
    the new stuff. Don't know who checks their webpages, but he's not
    doing a bang up job.

    I picked up one of the 2.4Ghz newcastle 754's for an old box I've
    got. It don't overclock so the older core doesn't matter much. In
    fact, the extra heat is kinda nice in the winter.

    scrooge, Jun 18, 2006