    hear only the long beep. What can i do ? The BIOS is updatet.

    Stefan

    P.S.: Sorry for my plain english

    Stefan, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Stefan

    DER Guest

    I have SM's P3TDDE Mobo running two P3 Tualatin processors. I have never
    heard of the problem you're having. I would e-mail SuperMicro Support at:
    . They have been able to answer all my questions
    before.

    DR

    DER, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Stefan

    Stefan Guest

    Thanx for the tip, yes, I've got a answer. My problem is, that booth
    CPU's have two different steppings :-( . Now I'm searching a second CPU
    with the same SL-stepping.

    Stefan

    Stefan, Sep 11, 2004
  4. Stefan

    Stefan Hans Guest

    I have a mainboard for trash !

    Now i have two CPU's: same stepping, same voltage, same FSB, same
    Frequenz.... and it doesn't work.

    At the next step, i open my window.......

    Stefan

    Stefan Hans, Sep 16, 2004
  5. If they are the Tualatin CPUs they need to be the (expensive) ones with 512K
    cache. I think that this is something configured into the CPU by Intel that
    defines if the CPU will work MP or not. This is actually documented in the manual
    and on the web site under "requirements"

    The older 256K CPUs do work fine in this board. I happen to have two at 733 MHz on
    the same motherboard, and it came up without problem.

    George Pontis, Sep 16, 2004
  6. Stefan

    Stefan Hans Guest

    no, I have two older CPU's. Pentium 3, 1000 MHz, 256 KB Cache, 133 MHz
    FSB and booth are SL4C8, 1.7 V. The System came up with a very loooooong
    beep. The BIOS display also two CPU's and no error messages. After 30 or
    40 seconds the systems hang and I could only power-off.

    When I remove one of the two CPU's, the system works correctly again. It
    does not matter which CPU is removed.

    I'm crazy

    Stefan

    Stefan Hans, Sep 16, 2004