3D problems with GeForce4 MX 440/AGP8x - Help me please!!!

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Davide Mancusi, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I recently bought a new computer with a GF4 MX440/AGP8x/64MB card;
    unfortunately, after 3-5 minutes of playing 3D games (like Hitman2 or F1GP4)
    my system hangs and shows a blue screen. Most frequently (but not always),
    it says that the problem was caused by the "nv4_disp.dll" driver file, which
    is a part of the NVIDIA drivers for the video card. Moreover, sometimes the
    problem happens even when using plain Windows applications.

    My configuration is the following:
    Windows XP pro
    Motherboard Asus A7V8X-X (northbridge VIA KT400, southbridge VIA VT8235)
    RAM DDR 512MB 400MHz
    NVIDIA drivers V53.03

    I searched the newsgroups for similar problems and I found several but
    contradictory information; the possible cause appears to be one of the
    following:
    - Poor GPU cooling (I don't have a GPU fan, I just have a heatsink)
    - Video card drivers
    - VIA AGP controller drivers
    - who knows?!?

    Can anyone give me any help?!? How can I decide which is the real cause?

    Thank you!!!

    Davide

    Davide Mancusi, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Davide Mancusi

    Lopaka Guest

    "Davide Mancusi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I recently bought a new computer with a GF4 MX440/AGP8x/64MB card;
    > unfortunately, after 3-5 minutes of playing 3D games (like Hitman2 or

    F1GP4)
    > my system hangs and shows a blue screen. Most frequently (but not always),
    > it says that the problem was caused by the "nv4_disp.dll" driver file,

    which
    > is a part of the NVIDIA drivers for the video card. Moreover, sometimes

    the
    > problem happens even when using plain Windows applications.
    >
    > My configuration is the following:
    > Windows XP pro
    > Motherboard Asus A7V8X-X (northbridge VIA KT400, southbridge VIA VT8235)
    > RAM DDR 512MB 400MHz
    > NVIDIA drivers V53.03
    >
    > I searched the newsgroups for similar problems and I found several but
    > contradictory information; the possible cause appears to be one of the
    > following:
    > - Poor GPU cooling (I don't have a GPU fan, I just have a heatsink)
    > - Video card drivers
    > - VIA AGP controller drivers

    How about removal of the side cover? Maybe have a small AC fan blowing
    at the AGP card? As to why they have the heatsink UNDER the card, I'll
    never know.
    <Lo

    Lopaka, Jan 6, 2004

  3. No fans blowing on the AGP card. Should I get one? Do I need to get rid of
    the old heatsink? It has a strange lumped shape!

    Davide

    Davide Mancusi, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Davide Mancusi

    Dark Avenger Guest

    "Davide Mancusi" <> wrote in message news:<bBVJb.229660$>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I recently bought a new computer with a GF4 MX440/AGP8x/64MB card;
    > unfortunately, after 3-5 minutes of playing 3D games (like Hitman2 or F1GP4)
    > my system hangs and shows a blue screen. Most frequently (but not always),
    > it says that the problem was caused by the "nv4_disp.dll" driver file, which
    > is a part of the NVIDIA drivers for the video card. Moreover, sometimes the
    > problem happens even when using plain Windows applications.
    >
    > My configuration is the following:
    > Windows XP pro
    > Motherboard Asus A7V8X-X (northbridge VIA KT400, southbridge VIA VT8235)
    > RAM DDR 512MB 400MHz
    > NVIDIA drivers V53.03
    >
    > I searched the newsgroups for similar problems and I found several but
    > contradictory information; the possible cause appears to be one of the
    > following:
    > - Poor GPU cooling (I don't have a GPU fan, I just have a heatsink)
    > - Video card drivers
    > - VIA AGP controller drivers
    > - who knows?!?
    >
    > Can anyone give me any help?!? How can I decide which is the real cause?
    >
    > Thank you!!!
    >
    > Davide

    Re Install the nvidia driver, that DLL file is just damage, re-install
    it and it works fine!

    Dark Avenger, Jan 7, 2004