4 monitors -2 VGA cards - GeForce 7600GS,GeForce FX5200

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by JPK, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. JPK

    JPK Guest

    The nvidia website at
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_downloads.html#drivers
    says that the drivers are only compatible with Windows Vista RTM build 6000
    and
    higher, and should not be used with other versions of Windows Vista.
    What version is Windows Vista RTM build 6000 ???? I thought there
    were only 1 version,as it is newly released and the only other versions are
    basic,premium and the other one??

    I have not installed any of the below as far as i know (as they are working
    & i dont want
    to do anything that will make them not work etc but only after a restart or
    2):
    GeForce 6,7, and 8800 series v101.41 Beta driver
    GeForce 6, 7, and 8800 series v100.65 WHQL driver
    GeForce FX series v96.85 WHQL driver

    Drivers installed:
    default drivers in Vista & Forceware Driver for both cards.
    Forceware Driver installed for GeForce 7600GS.
    Nvida ForceWare Driver supported devices list does not show GeForce FX 5200
    in list.

    THE PROBLEM IS : When i start the pc with all 4 monitors the below happens
    on first
    start up and then if i restart the pc on the 1st or 2nd restart i am able to
    change the display
    settings to include all 4 monitors and it will work fine.And then it happens
    each time on
    first startup

    =================================
    SITUATION IS:
    1) I added the nvidia *Expert Vision GeForce FX 5200* vga
    card (into the pci slot* [not pci express]) to my pc which already has
    the nividia *GeForce 7600GS* vga card (pci
    express*).

    2) On startup,the 2 monitors that are plugged into the pci FX 5200 card (pci
    slot) shows the identical thing in both monitors.
    Monitors attached to other vga card is black.

    3) And the display settings in vista also only shows ONE monitor not 2.
    [usually it will detect 2 monitors if there are 2 monitors before i added
    the new vga card and have the option to "extend" the desktop and be able to
    show different things in each monitor].I am trying to get each monitor to
    show for example 4 different web pages,each web page on each monitor.

    4) AND there is a message that the vga driver for one of the vga cards is
    not compatible with the other one,so it says 1 of the vga cards (the GeForce
    FX 5200 pci express*) is disabled.

    5) Yellow Exclamation Mark for both vga cards in Device Manager

    6) nvida ForceWare Driver supported devices list does not show GeForce FX
    5200 in list.
    Have already installed it for the GeForce 7600GS card previously.

    Are these 2 vga cards not useable in the same pc ?? They are both nvidia !

    JPK, Apr 6, 2007