    Would an AMD XP 400mhz fsb 3200+ work on KD7-Raid which can only support up
    to 333 Mhz FSB micros? I'm thinking of buying a faster 400mhz micro today
    so I could use it a few months later when I buy a 400mhz MB.

    skyhydro, Jul 18, 2004

  2. skyhydro

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Yes. But most buy 333 fsb cpu's and overclock them to 400. Your
    aware that recent cpu's have locked "multipliers" ?

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

    - HAL9000, Jul 18, 2004

  3. skyhydro

    skyhydro Guest

    I used to overclock athlons when one could connect the bridges with a
    pencil. The newer ones that require crazy glue, conductive stuff and a ton
    of dexterity are too difficult for me to deal with. At this point, I would
    rather pay a few dollars more and get something stable.

    skyhydro, Jul 19, 2004
  4. skyhydro

    Wes Newell Guest

    You're a little behind the times. Those were the old Palomino core XP's.
    When the Tbred core came out, and then the Barton, they were all unlocked
    already. You didn't have to mod the cpu to unlock them. But now, they are
    locked again, but not with the bridges. They are locked internally and
    can't be unlocked for normal use. This started with date code of approx.
    0339. The only ones they sell now that are still unlocked are MP's and
    XP-M's. But with the newer boards you just have to rasie the FSB clock to
    raise the cpu speed.

    Wes Newell, Jul 19, 2004
  5. skyhydro

    GMAN Guest

    Why would you use some backwoods hack like crazy glue and conductive powder
    when they sell conductive pens for the purpose?

    http://www.web-tronics.com/2200-mtp.html

    http://www.directron.com/conductivepen.html

    http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/8420p.html

    http://www.jensentools.com/product/group.asp?parent_id=7405