    I want to run it in sync with the bus don't intend to overclock, just
    want it nice and stable.

    Thanks.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Nov 8, 2003

    BigBadger Guest

    It's not really 800MHz FSB, it's really 'only' 200Mhz..........so PC3200
    will run in sync.

    BigBadger, Nov 8, 2003

    Courseyauto Guest

    Just thinking of building a new PC.

    Based on a P4 3.0ghz cpu with Hyperthreading :)

    What kind of ram would i need to take full advantage of the 800mhz
    fsb ??

    I want to run it in sync with the bus don't intend to overclock, just
    want it nice and stable.

    Thanks.

    I just built 2 with a 2.8c. I went with the Kingston HYPER X 3500 on one
    and CORSAIR XMS 3500 on the other one. Both work equally well even
    overclocking to 225 on the FSB with the memory in sync. The 3500 will run at
    cas 2.0 where as anything higher wont,thats why i choose the 3500 and the
    Kingston was cosiderablly cheaper. I bought the twin pack on the KINGSTON and
    bought individual sticks on the CORSAIR because they ddint have any twin packs
    available at the time. I would definatelt but at least 3500 unless you already
    have some 3200. DOUG

    Courseyauto, Nov 8, 2003

    Lee Guest

    pc3200 will do just fine. P4 system boards use what is called QDR quad
    double rate so 200x4=800mhz

    Lee, Nov 8, 2003
  5. pc3200 will do just fine. P4 system boards use what is called QDR quad
    double rate so 200x4=800mhz

    you mean quad DATA rate
    (DDR = double/dual data rate, QDR = quad data rate)

    tim

    \(\) |V| 3 G A, Nov 8, 2003

    Supertimer Guest

    PC3200 dual channel. For Intel FSB800, that works out to
    6.4GB/sec.

    Naturally, the Athlon FX-51 also has a HyperTransport link
    that can push 6.4GB/sec but in the FX-51's case, that
    link is not saturated with memory traffic (memory
    controller is built onto the CPU die greatly reducing
    latency).

    So I guess the title to the thread is a question and the
    answer is that the FX-51 is still faster. ;-)

    Supertimer, Nov 9, 2003
  7. And four times more or so :)

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Nov 10, 2003
  8. Bring on PCI Express, no FSB :)

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Nov 28, 2003