    is still there even without an ops sys installed or ide cables
    connected...any thoughts?
    thanks mc

    mc, Jun 29, 2009

  2. mc

    Ben Myers Guest

    Replace motherboard CMOS battery. Should be a CR2032. If the battery
    has been replaced recently, clear the CMOS, which remembers the IRQ info
    and other hardware configuration data... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 29, 2009

  3. mc

    mc Guest

    Does anyone know where I can find those 4 pin external battery
    connectors for the cmos. Even compusa has limited items for sale any
    more here in tampa...
    mc

    mc, Jun 29, 2009
  4. mc

    mc Guest

    Ben
    does this pb 600 MB have jumpers for clearing the cmos?
    mc

    mc, Jun 29, 2009
  5. mc

    Ben Myers Guest

    Try this URL for PB600 info. The original PB web site is long gone, of
    course, so you can't get the manual for it.

    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/8774/pb600.html

    The J8 jumper, just behind the mouse port, clears the password, and
    maybe the CMOS as well... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jun 30, 2009
  6. mc

    Ben Myers Guest

    Ben Myers, Jun 30, 2009
  7. mc

    mc Guest

    Ben
    I was able to clear the IO device irq conflict at boot up, but when I
    use the only pci slot available for the netgear card it gives a boot
    up error at pci slot 3. I tried to manually change the irq in device
    manager but no luck. I wonder if someone still makes an isa network
    card?
    mc

    mc, Jun 30, 2009
  8. mc

    Ben Myers Guest

    The 402CD desktop system has a riser card with one PCI slot and three
    ISA slots. Network performance is 1000% better with a PCI card, which
    can operate at 100mbit speed. 3COM made a 3c515 ISA card that also ran
    at 100mbit. If the OP already has a PCI audio card, then an ISA
    Ethernet card is the only real choice.

    Pity, but I scrapped all of my ISA Ethernet cards maybe a year ago.
    Same with ISA Sound Blasters and ISA modems. At the time, nobody seemed
    to want them... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 1, 2009
  9. mc

    mc Guest

    Philo I do not see anything in the bios relative to setting the
    irq........
    Ben, I guess I'm a year late on needing an isa card, the pci slot is
    not used, and the modem sound card is in the center isa slot. I ve
    tried moving the sound card to a different location and re-inserting
    thepci card but always get the same irq problem
    mc

    mc, Jul 3, 2009
  10. mc

    Ben Myers Guest

    Well, the early PB Pentium motherboards, like a lot of other early
    Pentium and 486 boards, were among the first to have PCI slots. PCI
    support in the BIOS was often primitive and incomplete.

    Wish I could remember how to fix the IRQ problem... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 4, 2009