    Any advice or help appreciated.

    Thanks

    Joe

    js, Dec 9, 2005

  2. js

    RRR_News Guest

    For the Dim4600, you will need to install memory sticks in pairs. If you want to
    increase RAM by 512 MB, you will need install two (2) 256MB sticks. And they
    should be the same type. If one is PC2700, the other one must be PC2700. Now you
    should be able to install a pair of PC3200. But their performance will be
    reduced to PC2700 quality, because that is what the motherboard is rated for.
    That is what it is for my Dim4600.

    You might be surprised that sometimes the PC3200 sticks are cheaper than the
    PC2700 sticks. Look at Ebay, and computer stores for sales. Make sure that you
    purchase ones with a lifetime guarantee, and a good return policy if things
    don't work out for you.

    Many have recommended www.crucial.com for the memory upgrades.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    Current memory is 512mb, memory speed 333.

    Can I install another 512 stick in module 1, or do I need two 128mb
    sticks? I'm confused.

    Where to buy online? Checked Dell and BestBuy but they are too
    expensive.

    RRR_News, Dec 9, 2005

  3. js

    js Guest

    Thanks Rich.

    Just finished installing a new power pack on the 4600, I don't know
    much about computers, it took me almost three hours, no instructions
    in the box. I just followed the wiring from the old power pack.
    The 4600 is up and running again, and works great.

    I paid $39.00 for an AG ll 480 watts at 911forPcs.com
    free delivery and it came in two days, in case you ever need one.

    I think I will check them out for memory.

    Thanks again.

    js, Dec 9, 2005