    with a 2gb ram capacity. I was thinking that it might be possible to
    update the BIOS to accommodate this. I doubt this would work, but I was
    just wondering....

    hizark21, Nov 6, 2006

  2. No way to be sure other than to try it. The bios probably has nothing
    to do with it. Of more interest would be to know the chipset in the
    laptop and look up it's specs and maximum capabilities, because it's the
    chipset that controls this. Often the specs are based on the largest
    memory parts available at the time the specs were written, and many
    laptops can exceed their specs 2 or 3 years later when higher density
    parts are available. Also, it could be the case that it will work with
    some modules and not others.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 6, 2006

  3. hizark21

    hizark21 Guest

    I wonder what chip controls the memory capacity....?? It would be
    interesting to find out if it is possible. I still wonder why the OS
    and laptop makers have not pushed higher ram capacity....??

    hizark21, Nov 6, 2006
  4. hizark21

    BR549 Guest

    I don't think that 2 gb simms for laptops have been available for that long
    of a time and that may be why they weren't pushed.

    BR549, Nov 6, 2006
  5. hizark21

    serialdel Guest

    There seems to be only a few manufacturers that produce 2gb memory
    modules.. I am not sure who produces memory for Kingston, but there is
    probably limited capacity at this time. With Vista I am sure the demand
    will grow.

    serialdel, Nov 7, 2006