    it?

    Thanx
    Ron

    Ronnie El-Sayed, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Hi,

    I posted about this a few months back. I use a SB-LIVE! Platinum
    (Live-Drive II) alongside a Cambridge DTT2500 on an INTEL system. It must
    all be about three years old now but is still working well. However since I
    switched to WindowsXP (about 9 months ago) I too had that same *glitch*
    where the speakers will *ALWAYS* default back to 2-Speaker (usually its
    4-speaker). I am using the older 24MB LIVE! drivers from creative web-site,
    but I have also updated with the 5MB ish update (new). On the Plus side
    stability is not an issue, works flawlessly, no troubles. Also this issue
    doesn't appear under Windows 200 Pro, just XP.

    I will be doing a clean format of WinXP (SP1) soon so I will see how it
    works out. I did notice in the new patch update it says it addresses an
    issue with the speaker settings, and now will synchronise with the windows
    speaker settings. I still didn't get this fixed, and have to manually reset
    the speaker settings to 4, however I leave my system on 24/7 so this hasn't
    proven to be too much a problem :)

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Hi again,

    just to follow up my last post. I did do a *clean* install of WinXP SP1
    today and applied the LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG) (23.3MB) from the creative site
    and Bingo! it works fine. Must have been some weird conflict of software or
    something?. Anyway before I installed the creative drivers I made sure the
    *Windows* speaker settings were the same as my system (4:1).

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Jul 27, 2003
  4. thanks wayne

    ill give that a go