    TIA.

    Keith
    K6-2+(450@5x100/2.0V

    Keith Dawson, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Keith Dawson

    Robert Guest

    My experience is different. While the system may be slightly less stable,
    most peripherals shouldn't have a problem with a 112 MHz fsb. Plus you will
    get a bigger performance boost than you would with just the 10% increase in
    CPU core speed you get with 5.5x100 (assuming you are starting with a k6-2+
    500). You will need good PC100 and you might have to bump up the CL to 3,
    but if you have PC133 it will obviously run easily at 112. It is so easy to
    change the fsb and multiplier settings and you won't hurt anything, so just
    try both. In either case, try it at 2.0v first. If that doesn't work go up
    a .1v. If that doesn't work you might try another .1v, but I don't think it
    is worth it try any higher voltages. You might want to check this out:
    http://home.cfl.rr.com/pheenix/k63oc.htm

    Robert, Jul 26, 2003