503+ reboot problem W98/Linux

Discussion in 'FIC' started by Den, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Den

    Den Guest

    Last week I changed some BIOS settings that I now discover
    that I am unable to reboot between W98Se/Linux. Shutdown is
    OK but because I have a dual-boot W98SE/Linux setup where
    a reboot/shutdown is fine from Linux to W98SE but not from
    a soft re-boot of W98SE to Linux.

    As far as I am aware all BIOS settings are now as they were
    last week, and after a few tries I now find whatever caused this
    seems to have cleared. Very odd! and now it seems the re-booting
    problem has returned after getting Linux to boot in normal mode ?
    I did think that as using an AT power supply that changing in
    BIOS "PM Control by APM yes/no" might be the problem ?
    as I have seen reference to APM when Linux is booting.

    Power Management is and always has been disabled.
    After a lot of testing(1) I find that PM control by APM set to "no"
    seems to have cleared this problem any confirmation on this setting.?
    Though the manual says APM yes for both AT & ATX power supply.

    Den
    (1) trial and error guessing.

    Den, Oct 1, 2003