    Linux machine, any recommendations on which one to go with?
    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris Wall, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Chris Wall

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Is there any logic behind the FX5200

    There are Ultra's and Non Ultra's

    64-bits versions and 128-bits versions

    Fast versions with just 64Mb DDR and ultraslow ones with 256Mb memory

    ....there is no logic

    Buying an FX5200 is like buying a lot from a "you always win
    something" lottery, in the worst case it will perform as a GF2 MX
    card. And in the best case it drags itself up around a GF3

    On the other hand the FX5600 is a bit more consistent, the non-ultra
    craps below GF4 MX speeds and the Ultra might just crawl under the
    ti4200

    If you now buy a car..atleast buy an FX5700 Ultra! Those have a very
    probability of being quite fast!

    Dark Avenger, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Chris Wall

    Darthy Guest

    Thank Nvidia for that confusion...

    5600 is better than 5200ultra.. a bit...

    For the money:

    $140 = ATI9600
    $200 = ATI9600XT (Includes a coupon for a FREE Half Life).

    Darthy, Nov 18, 2003