    then again..everything beats the TNT M64 im currently using haha

    Thanks for your input! look forward to reading them replies
    Figurt

    Figurt, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Figurt

    Granulated Guest

    benchmarks.............
    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/digest3d/0603/itogi-video-q3std-w2k-p41280.html

    Granulated, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Figurt

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    overall performance would suggest that the 9700 would get you more bang for
    the buck... even against FX 5800 Ultras... when you are turning up the
    eye-candy settings...

    http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=55000269

    I like thier style of performing reviews.

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Figurt

    Ron Merts Guest

    The FX 5600 Ultra will definitely beat the pants off of the 9600Pro card.
    It's not going to beat a 9700 Pro but I seriously doubt you will be
    disappointed in it's price/performance ratio either. I would probably avoid
    the FX 5800 as it's price should be falling fast with the release of the FX
    5900 and 5900 Ultra. I would not pay more than $350 (USD) for a FX 5800 or
    $400 for a FX 5800 Ultra; particularly since the 5900 can be had for $400
    (USD) or less. The 5800 was not a particularly strong performing card;
    although it did attempt to utilize several new technologies - and contrary
    to public opinion I never found it's oversized fan to be that loud (come on
    guys, put those case covers back on, put that tower back under your desk and
    turn up the speakers). The 5900 tho is definitely quieter and much more on
    the performance level of the Radeon 9800 Pro. There are tests where the
    9800 Pro beats the 5900 and others where the 5900 beats the 9800; but at
    200+ fps all they really have is bragging rights as no human eye can detect
    the difference. The one thing the nVidia cards do have is a history of very
    stable drivers; something ATi is still struggling to attain. While ATi's
    drivers have gotten better as a whole, they still can be unpredictable. I
    spent 30 minutes at the local computer store hearing someone rant about how
    great his 9800 Pro was - after it took him 3 hours to get the drivers to
    install properly; while his co-worker had the 5900 Ultra installed and
    running in less than 10 minutes on the same mobo/memory/hdd configuration.

    Ron

    Ron Merts, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Figurt

    Figurt Guest

    Hey there, may i just thank you all for your input..i dont really want to
    leave Nvidia seeming ive used many of their cards and im used to their
    stable drivers..but it seems like its the 9700np or 9800np..because i can
    get that for about £200... or the FX5600 ultra..which just doesnt cut it..

    Thanks once again...

    Figurt, Aug 5, 2003