5870 vs 5850

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Lukas Dick, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. Lukas Dick

    Lukas Dick Guest

    Hi All,
    I want to buy a computer to play me.
    I have selected the following component attempts already:
    Motherboard: GA-P55-UD3 S1156 P55 ATXLGA1156, Intel P55 Express
    CPU: Core I5-750 2.66GHZCore I5-750 2.66GHZ SKT1156
    RAM: DDR3 4GB 1066MHz4GB 1066MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL7

    And a little bit of trivia is part of a computer to do so.

    As you can see I lack only the graphics card.
    First, I naturally wanted to have the ATI 5870, BUT that is not currently
    available quickly enough, but fairly expensive!
    Now I've been thinking whether I should perhaps not take the 100 ? cheaper
    ATI 5850.
    What are the benefits of a 5870?

    If I look on the Council very quickly.

    Greeting Luke Dick

    Lukas Dick, Jan 22, 2010

  2. Lukas Dick

    Cronos Guest

    Go look up some benchmarks, those are the only differences that matter.
    Oh, and the 5870 is long and won't fit all cases so make sure you have a
    case that can fit it if you do get 5870. I bought 5870 and had to
    rebuild 2 computers so I could put the 5870 in the case I had that could
    accomadate it. The card is 11" long and the 5850 is 9.5" long.

    Best bang for buck says buy the 5850 but if you have money to burn then
    get the 5870.

    Cronos, Jan 22, 2010