    good. Call Of Duty comes shipped also. Right now Newegg has the EVGA for
    $189. Looks like it handles the 9600XT in most everything. I am hoolding off
    buying to see what else comes along.

    papasurf, Dec 16, 2003

  2. papasurf

    papasurf Guest

    Should read "holding off" ;)

    papasurf, Dec 16, 2003

  3. papasurf

    Norm Guest

    Newegg doesn't have the 5900XT, I believe you are looking at the 5900SE

    Norm, Dec 16, 2003
  4. papasurf

    Norm Guest

    Norm, Dec 16, 2003
  5. papasurf

    william bell Guest

    That is the XT every one uses a different name..

    william bell, Dec 16, 2003
  6. papasurf

    Darthy Guest

    XT for ATI = HIGH end, they were first to annonce such card namings...

    Nvidia has ADDED XT for LOW-END... You can get a PLAIN 5900 for
    about $200 that performs pretty good.

    Nvidia - out to piss off more of their user base.

    Darthy, Dec 16, 2003
  7. papasurf

    John Lewis Guest

    DO NOT BUY the 5900XT if it really is the SE. Lower clock rates, both
    GPU and memory; flimsier heatsinks.

    Look for a 5900/128 non-Ultra. Should be about the same price.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Dec 16, 2003
  8. papasurf

    Steve Guest

    I got the Gainward 5900 'Ultra' (not an Nvidia 'Ultra') with 2.2nsec memory
    last week. Runs solid at 460/960. Very nice for $229.

    Steve, Dec 16, 2003