1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

5th bit multiplier pin or socket mod?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by KG, Oct 15, 2004.

1. KG

KG Guest

I have a MSI Turbo 2 with a good 500w PS, 512 mb cas 2 133 ram, AMD Athlon 2500 Barton, 512
    l2 cache, factory unlocked CPU. The latest BIOS flash, 36, with the "socket modification" to set
    the multiplier to 15, giving a 2k total speed. The system runs fine with the max temp in the low
    50's. What I would like is to discover a way to just set just the 5 th or high bit, with the
    socket mod, so I may use the BIOS multiplier to set 13-above multipliers without having to pull the
    cpu and re due the socket mod each time to try a different speed. Any and all replies will be
    appreciated.
    Thank You

A true believer in liberal anarchy.
    It's better than what we have now!

To reply to this email please remove the AT
    after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

KG, Oct 15, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. KG

Wes Newell Guest

Hmmm.. What's the problem, just pull all the wires out except the one to
    socket pin AJ27. Although, I'd probably move it to the back and solder 2
    wires and add a toggle switch so you could manually set it back to normal
    if you wanted to. But. you might run into the FSB speed problem doing it
    this way. See notes in multiplier cross ref. in link below.

Wes Newell, Oct 15, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question