    with 27.42.

    Cheers,
    Vince

    Vincent Poy, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Vincent Poy

    duralisis Guest

    I've never encountered this issue with any of my monitors, but I've read
    in the past how some LCD's were being fed out of range frequencies or
    forced to something other than default (like 70hz). In those cases, a
    clean install by deleting your existing reg entries and any old driver
    files seemed to help.

    Check guru3d.com for some driver cleaners. Lots of people has leftovers
    that causes trouble, for example, going to the 52.16's from 40.xx.

    duralisis, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Vincent Poy

    puss Guest

    They do not work and have not been updated, the driverheaven.net one is far
    better.

    puss, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Vincent Poy

    Vincent Poy Guest

    That's not where the issue is. The SGI is not a DVI display so it goes
    through a converter box and requires a special timing mode which has to do
    with the blanking time or sync polarity. There are no existing registry
    entries remaining and old driver files have all been removed. It's
    something hardcoded in the drivers that is not in the inf. They'll
    eventually fix it in a later version like usual. Since 60.72, when you
    install it, the monitor will see all signals regardless of what resolution
    you choose as 1280x1024 63hz. When you run Powerstrip and hit - on the
    sync polarity for the horizontal, the monitor will see the correct signal
    and the resolution is correct.

    Cheers,
    Vince

    Vincent Poy, Apr 15, 2004