6200 is driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by fred, May 6, 2006.

  1. fred

    fred Guest

    Hi All,

    This is driving me nuts!

    A few days ago I bought a new flatpanel monitor(Samsung 920N) and a new
    videocard geforce 6200. So far so good, Installation was no problem at all.
    Exept now my Computer is hanging and won"t do what it"s supposed to do. Just
    after the welcoming screen the monitor went black while the computer itself
    seems to start in a normal way.

    Itried to tackle the problem myself bij replacing the new monitor with my
    old monitor bit its act in the same way.
    Reinstalling the old videocard(nvidia 5200) and it works fine on both
    monitors, installing the newly bought 6200,,and yes the same
    problem.Installed upto three 6200 cards(Luckilly my vendor lives nearby) and
    they all have the seems problem...To be short...HELP!!!!!!! Why won"t
    thisXXXXX Card mot work with my configuration. Needles to say that I
    installed the latest drivers.

    Msi Mobo 1500 pentium 4 BTW

    mvg

    Fred From Holland

    fred, May 6, 2006

  2. fred

    First of One Guest

    Why did you go from a 5200 to 6200? There's hardly any speed increase...

    First of One, May 7, 2006

  3. fred

    Patty Guest

    I just upgraded to the 6200 from a GeForce2 MX and so far no problems.
    Installation was a snap too. I think my BIOS is very forgiving, since a
    lot of its settings are just defaulted to "Auto". Also, you might want to
    make sure you have your chipset drivers all installed, especially for AGP.
    I left my NForce2 drivers as they were to the newest version and so good,
    so far.

    Keeping my fingers crossed.

    Patty

    Patty, May 7, 2006
  4. fred

    fred Guest

    That"s not the issue..sorry

    fred, May 7, 2006
  5. fred

    nope Guest

    I have an EVGA 6200 card that I can't get working in one system but it
    works in another. What power supply do you have? I wish I had bought a
    different card. For 5 more I could have gotten a 9800SE.

    nope, May 8, 2006
  6. fred

    Patty Guest

    Mine is an XFX 6200. I'm using an Enermax 350w power supply. I was told
    that the 6200 didn't need a whole lot of power to run. Perhaps it's some
    BIOS settings that are causing problems with the one system?

    Patty

    Patty, May 8, 2006