  1. Just wondering - which motherboards/chipsets are the recently announced
    64bit Xeons compatible with?

    Thank you.

    Luke Piasecki, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Luke Piasecki

    DaveW Guest

    They require special Intel motherboards designed for Xeons. They will NOT
    work in standard motherboards.

    DaveW, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Luke Piasecki

    JK Guest

    JK, Aug 13, 2004
  4. Luke Piasecki

    Judd Guest

    Because he believes anandtech to be nothing but an AMD shilling operation.
    What are the SPECint and SPECfp of the two?

    Judd, Aug 13, 2004
  5. Luke Piasecki

    JK Guest

  6. What do you mean by "standard motherboards?" If you mean non-Xeon
    obviously that's true. If you mean that they won't work in a Xeon
    motherboard where did you find that?

    I saw another article (can't find it now) saying that they would work in
    Intel Xeon motherboards with a BIOS upgrade. For no more than 15% I
    doubt even an OEM would want to use a new board, while as a new top of
    the line on an existing model they look very attractive if the price is
    right.

    Bill Davidsen, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Luke Piasecki

    Judd Guest

  8. Luke Piasecki

    Alex Johnson Guest

    Alex Johnson, Aug 16, 2004
  9. Luke Piasecki

    JK Guest

    Do you always ignore news you don't like? That is not a good idea.

    JK, Aug 16, 2004
  10. Luke Piasecki

    Judd Guest

    Thanks for answering his question Alex. As for JK, this is the INTEL
    newsgroup. You are being a pest. No one makes purchasing
    decisions based on scribes of anandtech. I have no idea why you are being
    such a pest other than apparent age.

    Judd, Aug 16, 2004