6570 USB 2 XPpro SP1

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Chris 159, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Chris 159

    Chris 159 Guest

    how can i tell that my usb 2 device is working in usb 2 mode ?
    the only thing that remotely suggests usb 2 is installed is in device
    manager. it says 'standard enhanced pci to usb host controller' but theres
    nothing showing under the properties for this.
    also the 2 front usb ports are behaving strangely -
    the bottom port works with most devices but will not work with my usb hdd
    caddy combined with the cable that came with it. the cable has a standard
    and a high speed plug. with the high speed plug in the port the machine
    detects new hardware but doesnt install it correctly. using the low speed
    (usb 1.1) plug windows reports a problem and the light on my caddy flashes
    rapidly. using the same port my digi camera and its own cable works fine.
    the top front panel usb port doesnt work at all even though its wired up
    exactly the same as the lower one.
    every device i plug into the onboard rear usb ports works fine but i still
    dont know at what speed ( 1.1 or 2 )

    any idea's anybody ?

    TIA

    chris

    Chris 159, Feb 7, 2004

  2. It looks like the front ports are not giving enough power for you hdd
    caddy to spin up the hdd. The camera won't need as much power so it works
    fine. As so if it is in usb2 mode or not, usually you have to plug a usb2
    capable device and test it.

    Psi-Tau Paladin, Feb 8, 2004