    Same number of pipelines, texturing units etc.?

    Thank you,
    Luke

    Luke Piasecki, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Luke Piasecki

    shuffle Guest

    Clock speed.

    shuffle, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Luke Piasecki

    Eric Witte Guest

    Its pretty easy to get a 6800GT to 400/1100. I can get to about
    420/1140 on mine. Although I keep it at 400/1100 just to give it a
    little room to breath. There is nowhere near $100 worth of
    performance increase out of the Ultra. I'd say the difference is less
    than 5-10%.

    Eric

    Eric Witte, Aug 13, 2004
  4. Luke Piasecki

    Mr Me Guest

    But just as you can oc the GT to get Ultra out-of-the-box speeds, you can oc
    the Ultras to get beyond that basic speed. So the differetial remains.
    Whether that's worth $100 is a moot point but clearly many believe it is.

    Mr Me, Aug 14, 2004
  5. Luke Piasecki

    First of One Guest

    Clock speed is the only difference... which is why the 6800GT is still
    priced pretty high.

    And yes, like with some ATi cards, you can enable the additional four pipes
    on the plain 6800 with RivaTuner, though success is not assured.

    First of One, Aug 15, 2004
  6. Luke Piasecki

    Eric Witte Guest

    Its pretty easy to get a 6800GT to 400/1100. I can get to about
    The point is its exactly the same card versus the 6800nu that has
    differences other than clock speeds. Given the same cooling on both
    cards they would probably clock to near the same levels. Those arctic
    coolers are only $30. Even with the grappy cooling on my GT I get
    420/1140. But I run 400/1100 because the difference is less probably
    2%.

    Eric

    Eric Witte, Aug 15, 2004
  7. Luke Piasecki

    Darthy Guest

    A bit more speed.... and $100~150 more price...

    In Doom3, its about 6fps (when its already over 60fps)

    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2146&p=3

    Of course... you need to have a 64BIT CPU to approach this... Having
    a 2000Mhz/class CPU won't cut it....

    Here is a good example on a 6800Ultra running Doom3

    http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2149&p=7

    Where anything under an AMD 3000 or P4-2.4Ghz is about 50fps (vs 8-+
    fps)

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - Fahrenheit 9/11 - Unless you see it for yourself, don't call it "a bunch of lies"... that would be unAmerican.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist.
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

    Darthy, Aug 26, 2004