    here.

    Thanks for any input!
    G Patricks

    G. Patricks, Oct 13, 2004

  2. G. Patricks

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    Since installing my 6800 GT (256MB) i've been unable to run the "SP"
    I would try shutting off the antialiasing and anisiotropic filtering if you
    haven't already. If you can run with different versions of Falcon fine then I
    would say the problem is specific to the patched versions you are having
    trouble with. I would bring that up to the programmers maybe they would know
    what is different between the versions that would be causing your problems.

    I also use Falcon. Have you tried messing with the settings in the config
    editor?

    What about slimming down what your using with Falcon?

    PRIVATE1964, Oct 13, 2004

  3. G. Patricks

    G. Patricks Guest

    Thanks for the reply Private..

    I've changed every option in NVidia, one at a time. I completely
    eliminated all SP Patches, and also changed every in-game Setup item.
    Tried all different resolutions in both 16 and 32 bit color. Was
    hoping someone else was seeing this, enough to make me batty...

    G P.

    G. Patricks, Oct 13, 2004
  4. G. Patricks

    CapFusion Guest

    Just out of curiousity. Since you have not mention anything else but the
    card and the game Falcon and SP.
    Do you have Audigy soundcard? If so, try to disable EAX and see if making
    any differences.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Oct 13, 2004
  5. G. Patricks

    G. Patricks Guest

    Sorry I didn't include my specs earlier...

    I'm not looking at sound as the in-game sounds continue on normally
    when the screen is frozen. Of course stranger things have happened, so
    i'll take a peek at my DirectX properties, maybe drop Sound Accel down
    a notch..

    Here is my system.
    Antec 1080 AMG - 430 Watt True Power, ASUS P4C800 Deluxe,
    PIV-3.0GZ-800mz, 1024 Crucial PC 3200 - DX 9.0c, SP2, and all latest
    XP updates and mobo drivers
    NVidia 6800 GT 256 MB - 65.73 WHQL drivers
    2 - 120GB SATA in RAID 0, 1 - 160 GB ATA, 1- Sony DVD Burner, 1-
    Creative 16X DVD Reader, 1- 1.44 floppy
    Onboard Sound, USB 2.0, 100MB NIC
    CH USB HOTAS

    Thanks for th reply Cap!
    G.P.

    G. Patricks, Oct 13, 2004
  6. G. Patricks

    CapFusion Guest

    From your spec, I do not see anything that is out of ordinary that come to
    mind.
    Only suggestion as some other user install SP2 that cause problem. Uninstall
    and reinstall the nVidia driver have fix / resolve some user.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Oct 13, 2004
  7. G. Patricks

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    Thanks for the reply Private..
    It sounds like just a problem with the mod versions your using.

    I'm using FF3 with Hitiles, and elevation mod no problems like you describe,
    but I'm only using a Geforce 4200. I did have some strange cockpit glitches,
    but I fixed that by shutting off cockpit auto resizing. From what you have
    explained and what you have tried I doubt your problem will be fixed without a
    mod update.

    Have you tried these,

    Checking refresh rate

    Try different resolution

    Turn on or off Vsync

    re-install DirectX

    motherboard chipset drivers

    PRIVATE1964, Oct 14, 2004
  8. G. Patricks

    G. Patricks Guest

    Yes to all, and add a complete fresh install of XP Pro, and then
    testing it with SP1 before going to SP2.. It's not a "mod" persay,
    it's the FalconSP executable and even the early BMS >2.0.. I
    appreciate your input, but really need to hear from the ONE other
    person on Earth running XP Pro and a 6800 GT!! LOL

    Icer

    G. Patricks, Oct 14, 2004
  9. G. Patricks

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    Yes to all, and add a complete fresh install of XP Pro, and then
    It is still a modified Falcon exe file. If your only having trouble with that
    version of Falcon then something is wrong with that version. It ran OK with the
    other versions so for some reason your video card and drivers do not like it.

    That video card is overkill for Falcon IMO. I'm not saying it shouldn't be able
    to run Falcon OK, I'm just saying because it is so new and fast the
    possibilities for having problems running an older piece of software are
    greater.

    Someone mentioned sound card, because from what you described it sounds like a
    latency problem or IRQ problem. Your sound card might be sharing an IRQ with
    your video card which could be causing issues. I still think the problem is
    specific though to what your using with Falcon.

    PRIVATE1964, Oct 14, 2004
  10. G. Patricks

    G. Patricks Guest

    Thanks again for the input. I agree it is specific to the SP EXE. It
    doesn't happen in ANY other sim.. LOMAC, Aces High, IL2, GPL, NASCAR
    2003, etc etc..

    GP

    G. Patricks, Oct 14, 2004
  11. G. Patricks

    Villain Guest

    I had this problem with another game or sim, can't recall which, and
    either increased or decreased my AGP apeture and it fixed it. Sorry to
    be so vague, but it's early and my memory is not that great.

    Villain

    Villain, Oct 14, 2004
  12. G. Patricks

    CapFusion Guest

    As Villain suggest, you can try changing the Aperture size eventhough you have GF6800GT.
    Aperture size should be irrevelent but it may trigger something in your PC.

    Can you try the following -
    * Turn off all the new sound options in the Sound Setup (Doppler Distance Effects, Dopple Effects, New Engine Sounds). To see if what will happen.
    * Close Falcon, reboot. Try again. If the problem persists, try re-compressing (or compressing for the first time) your textures.
    * If it's just the HUD fonts and you have installed BMS, make sure to check the 'Text allignment' box

    Or -
    * The two most important patches are currently 1.08US and SP3. To install SP3 you need to install 1.08US first.
    http://www.f4hq.com/default.php?page=Patches

    Have you went to Falcon Forums?
    http://www.f4hq.com/forums/

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Oct 14, 2004
  13. G. Patricks

    G. Patricks Guest

    Thanks Villian, I knocked it from 256 to 128, tried a mission and got
    a few pauses, not sure yet if less than before... need to try again. I
    did actually FINISH a mission so it seemed "better"..

    Thanks again!
    GP

    G. Patricks, Oct 14, 2004
  14. G. Patricks

    G. Patricks Guest

    Well, finally pulled the 6800GT, uninstalled (and ran Driver Cleaner),
    shoved in my trusty old Sapphire 9500 (softmodded to 9700) in and been
    flying SP4.0, SP4.1 for hours without a hiccup, and JUST finished a
    GREAT mission on Mav's MP5-1 exe based server.. FF3 runs fine (still
    CTD's with the older exe IUC uses), not even noticeably slower.. EBay
    here I come.

    GP

    G. Patricks, Oct 15, 2004
  15. G. Patricks

    rms Guest

    EBay
    Are you going to buy a X800 card ?

    rms

    rms, Oct 15, 2004
  16. G. Patricks

    G. Patricks Guest

    Not until I build a new box. With my PIV 3.0gz there isn't enough
    difference between the ATI 9700 and the6800GT and X800 cards. Once
    AMD hits 4000+ i'll get an X800 XT (or whatever is out then).

    Icer

    G. Patricks, Oct 15, 2004