    14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)
    Definitely a trend that will favor nvidia in future games.

    Jeff B

    JB, Jul 22, 2004

  2. JB

    Derek Baker Guest

    Future OpenGL games.

    Derek Baker, Jul 22, 2004

  3. JB

    Stoneskin Guest

    JB left a note on my windscreen which said:
    This is because Doom 3 is OpenGL. ATI's OpenGL support isn't too great
    and nVidia cards perform very well.

    On the other hand the majority of games use DirectX as their API and ATI
    ATI have a track record of out performing nVidia cards here.

    If the future games you mention are OpenGL I would agree. But you would
    be wise to consider the performance of a wide selection of games before
    commiting yourself to one particular vendor.

    Why are you selling the 6800U BTW?

    Stoneskin, Jul 22, 2004
  4. JB

    JB Guest

    It has a very minor problem displaying pre recorded
    HDTV files, and then, only on one particular station,
    CBS here in Denver Colorado.

    Jeff Buchanan

    JB, Jul 22, 2004