    Sorry for my bad english!

    Thanks a lot,
    Othmar

    Othmar Vetrovetz, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Othmar Vetrovetz

    John Guest

    Othmar,

    I use any IBM Power Supply with ThinkPads 560 thru T-23.
    If the "yellow-circular" plug fits, it has worked and not
    caused any problem in me experience. I am currently
    working with 560z, 600, 600e, 770, 770x, 770z, T-20 & 23.

    YMMV... John

    John, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Othmar Vetrovetz

    rcltrh Guest

    Anything OVER the wattage rating is fine as long as the voltage and the
    connector and of course the +/- orientation is the same (which they are in
    your case). You would not want to do the reverse for too long however - ie.
    run a laptop that requires 72 watts with a 36 wattage adapter as it would
    most likely work for a while but eventually burn out the adapter. The
    wattage rating is the amount of power the supply is capable of safely
    producing, not what it will actually put out in varying circumstances. If
    your computer only requires 36 watts, then that is all it will take from the
    72 watt supply which is underutilizing it by half and will allow the adapter
    to run cooler than it would if running something at 72 watts. If you were
    to have the opposite scenario though, a 72 watt computer would actually draw
    72 watts from a supply designed for only 36 watts and the regulator and
    rectifier circuitry would eventually burn out as it would not be designed to
    supply that kind of wattage. You in your particular scenario are safe.

    rcltrh, Aug 13, 2003
  4. If the voltage and the connector and the polarity are the same, you can
    always use a supply with a higher wattage or current (amps) rating.

    Barry Watzman, Aug 13, 2003