    Please check the Gpuz pix and let me know which might be bettr.

    Oh, AMD 6000+, 3 gigs 'o ram

    TonyK

    tonyk, Jun 26, 2009

  2. tonyk

    tonyk Guest

    tonyk, Jun 26, 2009

  3. tonyk

    Augustus Guest

    Neither are desirable for any modern 3D gaming title. Two games you have
    listed are non-demanding....and L4D is forgiving when dealing with low end
    3D cards at moderate resolutions. If I had to choose betwen the two evils
    listed I would pick the 7600GT 256Mb card because it has DDR3 running at
    1500Mhz and is a better performer. The 8500GT (which is overclocked, I note,
    while the 7600GT is not) is a weak card, it's 800Mhz DDR2 is basically 1/2
    the speed of the 7600GT. The 7600GT can be overclocked farther. You can get
    a 9600GSO 256bit 384Mb DDR3 card for $50 on Newegg. This card has more
    performance than the two you list put together. For $70 you can get a 9600GT
    256bit 512Mb DDR3 card 650Mhz core / 2000Mhz memory.

    Augustus, Jun 27, 2009
  4. tonyk

    deimos Guest

    I agree, the 7600GT will lead by quite a good margin. The 8500 is so
    crippled in shader units as to be unusable. The difference between it
    and an 8600GT is quite large.

    However, if you were to get a new cheap card as suggested, you could use
    the 8500 as a Physx/CUDA card and greatly increase your performance in
    situations like UT3 w/ Phsyx pack or Sacred 2, etc. Just a thought.

    deimos, Jun 27, 2009