    1920 x 1200 res.

    Thx

    Leigh-Anne

    Leigh-Anne Mills, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Leigh-Anne Mills

    snr Guest

    You should have no problem. The only thing you need to do is change
    the screen resolution through the display property. I have a 6600GT
    AGP4x connected to the Dell 2405FPW showing 1920x1200 @ 60Hz via DVI.

    Before you buy the Dell 24" LCD, keep in mind that it has a narrow
    viewing angle (89 degrees). This is something to consider if you plan
    to use it as a HTPC. I use the Dell monitor to output HD signals from
    a FusionHDTV 5 card and everything looks great, except for the narrow
    viewing angle of the monitor.

    Also, if you use the DVI adapter, some of Dell's onscreen image
    controls will be disabled, such as brightness and sharpness. However,
    image controls can be adjusted using the NVidia driver control panel.
    You'll definitely want to reduce the brightness because the default
    setting is slightly too high. This is a common complaint from what
    I've read online.

    snr, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Leigh-Anne Mills

    Scotter Guest

    I'm driving two of those Dell 24" LCD's with one BFG 6800 GT OC video card.
    One via DVI and one via AGP+adaptor. Running both at 1920x1200 with no
    problems.

    Scotter, Dec 8, 2005
  4. The 1920x1200 of the Dell 24" display is supported by every generic
    ATI/Nvidia gfx card out there, except some really shitty FX5200s which
    have a transmitter that does no Reduced Blanking (without that you can
    only go to 1280x1024 on a Single Link DVI channel). Every other card
    should be fine, I also had some GF2MX that do that without problems.

    Lots of 7800GTX however have Dual link DVI which can go up to 3840x2400
    and also are able to drive the Apple 30" Cinema display or the new
    upcoming Dell 3005FPW...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Dec 8, 2005