    something?

    TYIA

    Azm

    Azm, Jan 13, 2006

  2. Azm

    John Lewis Guest

    1. You checked out both cards INDIVIDUALLY in the SAME PCIe slot on
    the SAME game software and they both work absolutely perfectly? This
    checks card functionality.

    2. You then plugged in each card ONE AT A TIME into its SLI-allocated
    motherboard slot on the same game software and each card still works
    perfectly ? This checks the integrity of each of the PCIe video
    slots on the motherboard.

    3. If #1 and #2 above are OK, then maybe insufficient power for 7800
    GTX SLI ? Do you have a power-supply with DUAL +12V outputs EACH
    capable of supplying up to 18 amps max., with a total current
    availability simultaneously on +12V of at least 32 amps? PLUS you
    <MUST NOT> hook both 7800GTX to the SAME power-cable from the
    power supply.........

    4. Adequate ventilation ? 7800GTX require lots of ventilation space. A
    PCI card in a slot immediately adjacent to a 7800GTX fan spells
    potential trouble unless you have an external fan (such as a
    case-cover fan) pushing cool air into the narrow gap between the 2
    cards. Do the lines appear immediately after starting up a game in SLI
    mode? If it takes some time for the lines to appear, it could be
    ventilation or a combo of inadequate power and ventilation. Hotter
    components take more power.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jan 13, 2006

  3. Azm

    First of One Guest

    Bunch of lines? Are they green lines by any chance? There's an option in the
    driver control panels to show the GPU load-balancing. Make sure it's
    unchecked.

    First of One, Jan 14, 2006