    Did they work well?

    Any trouble doing the CHANGE? (Eg. removing the old heat sink)?

    TIA!

    Hammer Toe, May 9, 2004

  2. Michael Taylor, May 9, 2004

  3. Hammer Toe

    CrimsonLiar Guest

    If your mother isnt brand new, and the fan has only just started becoming
    noisy then before you do anything rash, try giving it a blast from a can of
    compressed air. If that does the trick (you fan noise drops) then consider
    adding some kind of filter to your PC's case.

    CrimsonLiar

    PS: I wonder what the record for dust build up in a PC is, the worst I've
    seen is about 4cms spread evenly over the motherboard in a desktop PC, it
    came in for a service because it kept crashing (I wonder why)...

    CrimsonLiar, May 9, 2004
  4. My 7VAXP has been doing this for over a year. I note it does it more if the
    room is cold. When it warms up it stops. I just live with it; it is still
    going OK.

    John Hardaker, May 9, 2004