  1. brucealoo

    brucealoo

    ive installed windows xp media center 2005 on my seagate 500 GB sata hard drive and now it will start up and run fine for a while and randomly lock right up there also there is sometimes it will take for ever booting the OS and sometimes wont even get past that... did i do something wrong or could this possibly be a bios or a controller problem on the motherboard? please help me out im stuck.

    brucealoo, Sep 12, 2006
  2. brucealoo

    camphill

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2006
    Can you explain the steps you took to install the OS on the SATA drive?

    I have the same MB and have been trying to install a SATA drive as master boot drive for over a month without success. After the Windows cd copies all files to the sata drive and it then reboots to boot to the sata drive it gives a "Read Error" and stops.

    I've tried using the raid drivers on the Chaintech CD, the drivers off the Chaintech website, and others found on the internet.

    Any suggestions?

    camphill, Dec 28, 2006