    handle.
    This board seems to reject any attempts at changing the multiplier.
    What am I doing wrong?

    It's not me!, Feb 17, 2004

  2. It's not me!

    Wes Newell Guest

    AMD started internally locking all Athlon CPU's about the 39th week of
    2003.
    Nothing, if it's a newer cpu. It won't change. You need to raise the FSB
    to 166-180 in the bios. The KT333 chipset has a 5 divider for the PCI bus
    so unless Chaintech screwed up, it should work at 166/33.

    Wes Newell, Feb 17, 2004

  3. It's not me!

    Wes Newell Guest

    Crap, I just realized you had a 2400+ which has a default FSB of 133Mhz.
    Disregard last post. 15x166 will probably be too fast for the cpu. Also, I
    doubt if your board properly supports all 5 multiplier bits, so even if
    the cpu was unlocked, you'd need some help. See link below.

    Wes Newell, Feb 17, 2004
  4. AMD figured out that people were eeking too much power out of their
    processors, and so has started to lock the multipliers of post-week
    30-something-or-other-I-don't-remember processors. You're stuck on your
    multiplier for now. Bump the FSB instead, in small increments.

    Cheers and good luck and make sure you have plenty of cooling.

    Doug Whitesell \(Verizon\), Feb 23, 2004