    motherboard.
    Thanks in advance...

    ....Mike

    Mike Snelling, Feb 25, 2006

  2. No problem.

    AMI BIOS
    Eight Beeps occur at startup, before POST - Floppy diskette controller
    failure
    Eight Beeps occur during POST - Video display memory error

    Travis Jordan, Feb 25, 2006

  3. Travis,

    Thanks so much! Looks like a FDD because it beeps right after power up.
    Dumb question but is there anything I can do about this, or is a motherboard
    replacement the only answer??

    ....Mike

    Mike Snelling, Feb 25, 2006
  4. Are you a PC shop? or freelance Engineer?

    SlicK

    Slick the Original, Feb 25, 2006
  5. Assuming you can get to the BIOS setup you might try changing the FDC to
    disabled. (Integrated Peripherials menu). I think that will bypass the
    check of the controller at startup.

    If the customer needs floppy capability you could add in a USB floppy
    for $25 or so. I like the FA404A/404M from Mitsumi.

    Travis Jordan, Feb 25, 2006
  6. Mike Snelling

    Jonno Guest

    Disconnect thefloppy first see if it goes away
    If you have the display (monitor) working itzmight not be
    that...

    Jonno, Mar 8, 2006